Monday, March 14, 2011

Healthy pizza (?)

Ok, so it's not exactly low fat, or low anything, but this pizza is made a tiny bit healthier by the use of a nutty, flavorful crust from Zoe Francois and Jeff Hertzberg's book, Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day.

For tonight's flat breads, I chose to use the Master recipe from the book, and customized one pizza for me and one for my husband. I topped his with crushed tomatoes, some spicy chorizo, sun dried tomatoes, garlic and fresh mozzarella and pecorino. For mine, I opted for mozz, herbed goat cheese, pecorino, olive oil, rosemary, lots and lots of sea salt, and a bit of arugula (added post baking, of course). In addition, I threw together a lively salad inspired by local chef extraordinaire, Steven Brown: bitter arugula, pecorino, lemon zest and olive oil. It was a meal representing my disgust with this ever-cruel winter. All that was missing was a tall Mojito, and sunshine.




No comments:

Post a Comment