Sunday, June 27, 2010

Strawberries

Saturday, despite being under the weather and in pain from my first ever sports injury, Millie and I went strawberry picking in an effort to stay out of the way of Tony and his motley crew as they built our new deck. We went to Natura Farms outside of Forrest Lake. They also grow many veggies and herbs, along with other berries and fruit. We got the last of the raspberries they had left, along with a few nice stalks of rhubarb and of course, our ice cream bucket (almost, due to an unexpected potty break) full of strawberries.

On the way home we stopped at a cute little log cabiny place and had a lovely lunch together, just me and my girl.

Years ago, when I was working at MCAD, my biggest treat was running to the French Meadow and getting a latte and their strawberry rhubarb muffin. I haven't seen them anywhere else since. Mine turned out smaller then the gigantic ones at the French Meadow, but equally delicious, if I may say so myself.





Next will be bars, made with quick cooking oats. If they turn out I will deliver them to the neighbors who helped with our mighty deck yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment