Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Iced coffee on a warm June day. Life truly does not get much better than this.

Cold Brewed Coffee from Smitten Kitchen

Deb at Smittenkitchen suggests using half concentrate to half water or milk. I have been known to pour concentrate over a bit of ice, and add just a dash of whole milk. It's strong, but oh, hurts so good. For this morning's coffee, which I am currently enjoying on my front porch to the sound of church bells ringing (no lie, we live by a Catholic church. Why they are ringing at Noon on a Wednesday, I don't know) I added a teaspoon of raw sugar, a few ice cubes, half a glass of the concentrate, and about 1/4 cup of whole milk. Then, wait for it...I frothed some more milk to top off my creation. Hence the Ahhhhhhhhh title of this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment