Thursday, February 3, 2011

Best.Cheesecake.Ever.

A few weeks ago, while lingering over our $5 sliver of cheesecake at Cafe Latte, I told my husband that I wanted to find the perfect cheesecake recipe. "Well that doesn't seem like such a smart move," he said. He was right. I am trying to maintain a healthy weight, and "perfect cheesecake" and "healthy weight" are not two concepts that often go together. But I did it anyway, I found the perfect cheesecake recipe.

My friend Alissa was kind enough to share her mother-in-law's grandmother's recipe and it is amazing. It's creamy and fluffy, with layers of delicate flavors. This cheesecake is for the purist, calling for no additions other than the sour cream top layer. It is cheesecake the way cheesecake was meant to be.

For a friend's recent visit, I made the cheesecake with a few tweaks. I must admit it felt a bit like editing the bible, but you really can add anything you like to this recipe and it will maintain its essential perfection. I like a little zing in my desserts, so I added lemon zest and powdered sugar to the top layer, and drizzled strawberry sauce on top.

I do plan on trying a lower fat version some day, but trust me, this was worth the 3000 points per bite. Really.

These are the only pictures I was able to snap before it all disappeared.







No comments:

Post a Comment