Saturday, November 6, 2010

Skinny AND tasty

I have a new favorite web site. It is called Gina's Skinny Recipes and it is fabulous. She has lovely recipes and includes point values for each. I have made several items and all have been successful.

Right now I have this banana bread baking in the oven. Can you smell it?


In other Weight Watchers news, I have now hit goal, which is exciting. I can't brag much, since I only lost 12 pounds, but I guess it is 12 pounds less than I weighed six weeks ago.

To celebrate, I bought a Weight Watchers cookbook, Healthy Cooking Basics. I had been resisting it, but it was half off, so what-the-heck. So far, I've made three recipes, two were glorious, one, the spinach with pine nuts, tasted like leather. I will say I have never been a big cooked spinach fan, unless it's surrounded by crust, eggs, cheese, and lots of butter, so it was an uphill battle.

This quinoa with butternut squash and cranberries was divine. My family also raved about the pear and cranberry crisp, but we devoured it all so quickly, I never got a picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment